Wescom Informational Updates Regarding COVID-19
As we continue to monitor the rapidly changing impact COVID-19 has on our members, employees, and Southern California communities, we want you to know that we remain committed to keeping our branches and remote banking channels available to you, and providing you with financial assistance through tough times.
If there is a change or an update to branch hours, we'll update them here. Currently all branches are open and operating under normal hours except:
- UCLA Campus Branch (due to Ackerman Union Closure)
- Popup locations at the Glendale Galleria and Chino Towne Spectrum
We encourage you to conduct your essential banking from the safety and comfort of your home using our online and mobile applications.
Download the Wescom App
Remote Banking Options
- eBranch and Mobile Banking
- Bank from the comfort of your home using eBranch or the Wescom Mobile Banking App. Check balances, pay bills, deposit checks, and transfer funds anytime, anywhere. Download the Android App or iOS App (iPhone/iPad) today.
- Call or Chat With Us
Our Member Contact Center is available to help you with all your account needs, including account updates, loan applications, and account questions. Plus, we have extended our chat and phone hours:
- Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Despite the various closures in our communities surrounding concerns about COVID-19, we are doing everything we can to exceed your expectations and serve your banking needs. However, we do anticipate possible service delays and staffing challenges and appreciate your patience in advance.
- Loans and Financial Services
We know that now, more than ever, it’s important to have access to loans, lines of credit, and financial services, and we offer ways for you to apply online, through eBranch, or through our Member Contact Center.
- Auto Loans: apply through eBranch, call us, or schedule a telephone appointment online
- Mortgage Loans: online portal or schedule a telephone appointment online to speak to a Mortage Loan Officer
- Credit Cards: apply through eBranch or over the phone
- Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC): online portal or schedule a telephone appointment online to speak to a Mortage Loan Officer
- Other Loans: aplpy through eBranch and over the phone
- Wescom Financial Services (WFS): over the phone at 1-888-879-0558 ext 5104 or schedule a telephone appointment online to speak with a WFS Financial Advisor
For more information, login to eBranch or call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266).
Assistance During Tough Times
- Financial Assistance Programs
- We also understand that there may be instances where members find themselves facing financial difficulties. Wescom is here to help and we encourage members who may be impacted by COVID-19 to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. Here are just a few options available:
- Skip-A-Pay which allows you to skip-a-payment on your Wescom personal loan, credit card, line of credit, or auto loan. You may skip up to two non-consecutive payments a year and three for the life of the loan. In response to the times, Wescom is waiving the $25 fee for Skip-A-Pay through April 30. You can call us to Skip-a-Pay or log in to eBranch and click the gear icon next to your loan to skip a payment.*
- Quick Assist Loan which allows members a short-term, small dollar amount loan to cover unexpected expenses with no credit check and at zero percent interest. The $19 application fee that applies will be reimbursed through April 30.**
- Member Assistance Program which offers financial hardship assistance for members with any existing Wescom Loans.
- Emergency Loans through April 30 offer a personal loan option to assist those impacted by COVID-19, including loan deferrals on existing consumer loans.
- Limit Increases for Account Access
- We know COVID-19 has had an impact on your usual banking needs and want to make sure that you are able to deposit and withdraw the funds you need, so we have:
- Increased daily ATM usage limit at Wescom ATMs
- Increased SnapDeposit limit so you can deposit more checks remotely
- Safety and Soundness - Your Deposits are Insured by the NCUA
- We know you may have some concerns with the economic uncertainty caused by COVID-19. We want to assure you that your money is safe with Wescom. Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). Plus, we hold ourselves to even higher standards than required by the NCUA. With more than $3.5 billion in assets, we are one of the most well-capitalized credit unions in the country. You can rest assured that we will be there for you when you need it.
- Avoid COVID-19 Scams
As global news about COVID-19 circulates, we are seeing increases in fraud scams through email communications, social media, and commerce. It is important to know if we reach out to you, we will not ask you for confidential information such as social security numbers, personal identification numbers (PIN), passwords, or other account information.
Additionally, we encourage you to sign up for free Account Alerts in eBranch to help you keep track of your finances via text message or email notifications. You can also visit our Security Center for more ways on how Wescom can help you keep your accounts safe.
- Protecting Our Team Members
- We are making flexible work arrangements for employees to work from home where possible. For those whose work requires them to be on-site, we have provided guidance to support social distancing, replaced in-person meetings with teleconference options, suspended all business travel, including travel between our various offices, and continue to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in all our facilities. We have also expanded our leave policies to accommodate employee health circumstances created by COVID-19 and our team members will continue to be compensated.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my money secure?
- Yes. Your money is safe with Wescom. Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). Plus, at Wescom, we hold ourselves to even higher capitalization standards than required by the NCUA. You can rest assured that your funds will be there for you when you need it.
- Will my branch close?
- Our focus remains on serving you and we are doing all we can to keep our branches open. With the recent State of California “Stay at Home” order, Wescom will continue to keep our doors open. However, we encourage you to follow government guidelines and take advantage of our mobile banking and online tools so you can bank from home. In the event there is a change, you can find the latest updates here.
- Can I make continue to make branch appointments?
- Branch appointments for auto loans, mortgage loans, and investment service can be conducted over the phone. To make an appointment, click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button on the home page.
- Can I apply for an Auto Loan at the branch?
- You can apply for an Auto Loan online through eBranch or you can schedule an appointment online to apply by phone.
- What is my ATM withdrawal limit?
- We have increased the ATM daily usage limit to $1,000 at ATMs.
- What is my SnapDeposit limit?
- We have increased the SnapDeposit limit for our members. Your daily deposit limit will be displayed when you initiate a SnapDeposit.
- How do I reset my eBranch password?
- From the eBranch Log in box, click on “Help/Options” then “Reset My Account Access”. You can also watch the how-to video here.
- What types of loan deferral programs are available?
- Wescom offers loan deferrals on existing consumer loans for members impacted by COVID-19 as well as Emergency Loans through April 30, 2020. Additional assistance programs such as Skip-A-Pay and Quick Assist Loans are also available. We also offer assistance options for Wescom Mortgage loans for members impacted by COVID-19. Please call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) for more information and ways we can help.
- Are you waiving interest charges for Wescom Loans?
- We working with each members individually to make exceptions and flexible arrangements. Please call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) to discuss the options available to you.
- Can I access my certificate before the maturity date?
- We are working with each member individually and making exceptions to allow early withdrawals on Certificate of Deposits accounts. Please call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266).
- Can I make changes to my investment accounts?
- Wescom Financial Services is available to assist members with any investment changes or questions. Please call 1-888-879-0558, Ext. 5104.
*By skipping a payment, you defer the payment which may extend the life of the loan. Your loan must be in good standing. Other conditions apply.
**Must be a member in good standing with no delinquent loans. Must be over 18 to qualify and have had a minimum of $400 in direct deposit each month for the past three months. Account cannot have more than three Quick Assist Loans in a six month period and must be outside the New Member Period (90-120 days of account opening). Other terms may apply. Please call for details.
Investment products and services offered through Wescom Financial Services, LLC (WFS), a Registered SEC Investment Advisor, broker-dealer, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Wescom Credit Union. Registered Representatives are employed by and registered through WFS (Member FINRA/SIPC). Investments are not NCUA/NCUSIF insured, not Credit Union guaranteed, and may lose value. Wescom Financial Services CA Insurance License #0E36340.