The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation
The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation was founded by Wescom employees in 1999 as a charitable, not-for-profit organization designed to help people in need through charitable giving and volunteerism.
WeCare focuses on identifying and sponsoring volunteer opportunities for employees as well as providing a vehicle for tax-deductible charitable contributions through payroll deductions. These contributions are, in turn, matched dollar for dollar by Wescom Credit Union.
Since its founding, WeCare has selected a number of charities to sponsor throughout the year. For 2016, WeCare is supporting these organizations:
- The Animal Protectorates / TAPS
- The specific purpose of this corporation is to facilitate the direct protection of animals in every possible way; provide sponsorship for, and financial support to programs and organizations involving animal welfare; provide outreach and education to promote an increased awareness of animal cruelty; encourage every citizen to become active, involved and responsible animal guardians; promote the legal re-classification of animals to a category other than property; and, to carry on other charitable activities associated with these goals as allowed by law.
- The Arc of Los Angeles & Orange Counties
- The Arc of Los Angeles and Orange Counties is committed to providing for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities the ability to form and work towards goals through training and education, based on their individual abilities.
- Foothill Family Service
- Foothill Family Service builds brighter futures — empowering children and families in our community to overcome challenges and achieve success in relationships, school and work.
- Free Arts
- Free Arts inspires hope in the lives of children who have experienced abuse, neglect, poverty, and homelessness through innovative creative arts programs and positive interactions with caring adult volunteers.
- House of Ruth
- House of Ruth's mission is two-fold:
- To advocate for and assist women and children victimized by domestic violence by transforming their lives through culturally competent shelter, programs, opportunities, and education
- To contribute to social change through intervention, education, prevention programs, and community awareness
- Peacock Foundation
- To support the provision of animal-assisted interventions and activities for at-risk youth by partnering with mental health practitioners, public service agencies, and community organizations. The organization brings kids and animals together to learn new skills and feel better.
- Thomas House Family Shelter
- The mission of Thomas House is to provide a safe, supportive environment and the resources necessary for homeless families with children to remain together while empowering them to become independent and self-sufficient.
- The Unforgettables
- This Inland Empire-based group assists low-income families with funeral expenses following the death of a child. It also works to prevent such tragedies by providing CPR training to adults and teenagers to save the lives of infants and toddlers.
To contact WeCare, call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266), ext. 8080, or send an email to email@example.com.