- What is SnapDeposit?
- Wescom members can deposit checks using their Apple® or Android™ device through SnapDeposit. SnapDeposit is a free feature available through the Wescom iOS Application and Google's Android operating system.
- Is SnapDeposit available to all Wescom Members?
- SnapDeposit is available to most Wescom members whose accounts are in good standing.
- Is SnapDeposit secure?
- Yes. We use SSL encryption to communicate securely with our services, as well as state-of-the-art security measures to protect your personal information and account(s).
- What are the system requirements for SnapDeposit?
- You must have the Wescom iOS App version 2.3 or higher or an Android phone operating on Google's Android operating system version 2.4.1 or higher.
- Is SnapDeposit available on Android?
- Yes. SnapDeposit is available on Android phones operating on version 2.4.1 or higher.
- Which Android devices have been tested for SnapDeposit?
- Click here for a list of Android devices and their test results.
- Is SnapDeposit available through eBranch using my desktop computer and scanner?
- Not at this time.
- Do I have to be a member of Wescom to use SnapDeposit?
- Yes, SnapDeposit is available to most Wescom members.
- Do I have to enroll in the SnapDeposit to use it?
- Yes. You will be asked to accept the terms of agreement the first time you use SnapDeposit.
- Can my SnapDeposit eligibility be revoked?
- Yes. Wescom reserves the right to revoke access to SnapDeposit without prior notification.
- Can I deposit to any of my shares with SnapDeposit?
- You can use SnapDeposit to deposit funds to your Savings, Checking, and Money Market accounts.
- Can I deposit any check with SnapDeposit?
- You should only use SnapDeposit for domestic checks not drawn on your own account. Checks must be made payable to an owner of the share and must have an endorsement on the back. Checks will not be accepted if they are incomplete, post-dated or stale-dated, made payable to a third party, or stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark. Be sure your checks have no evidence of alteration or contain a restrictive endorsement. Savings Bonds are not eligible for SnapDeposit.
- Should I endorse the back of the check?
- Yes. If you don't endorse the back of the check, your SnapDeposit will not go through. Your endorsement should include your signature and the account number to which you are making the deposit, including the share ID.
- I inadvertently selected the wrong account for the deposit. What should I do?
- You may transfer funds via eBranch or mobile.
- Can I view SnapDeposit check images online?
- Not at this time.
- What should I do with the check once it's been accepted with SnapDeposit?
- Write "SnapDeposit" below your endorsement on the back of the check. This will help you easily identify checks that you have already deposited. Retain the check in a safe place for seven days and then it should be destroyed. This is a completely electronic process and you don't need to mail the physical check to Wescom.
- Who can I contact for more information or assistance with the application?
- If you need further information or assistance, you may contact us at eBranch@wescom.org or call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) to speak to a Member Service Representative.
- What do I do if I can't get SnapDeposit to work?
- Review the Troubleshooting Tips to assist with using the application. If you need further assistance, contact us at eBranch@wescom.org or call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) to speak to a Member Service Representative.
Funds Availability Questions
- How will I know that my deposit was accepted and credited to my account?
- A notification will be sent to your email address on file when the deposit is made to your account.
- When is my money available for use?
- Generally, deposits are made available for use immediately. However, in some cases a hold may apply. Refer to the "All About Your Accounts Agreement" for funds availability information.
- Are there deposit limits associated with SnapDeposit?
- Your deposit limit is based on a 30-day rolling limit. Your current remaining limit will be displayed when you access SnapDeposit from your Wescom Mobile App. Assigned limits may change without prior notification.
- Is my SnapDeposit deposit subject to a hold?
- Generally, deposits are made available for use immediately. However, in some cases a hold may apply. Refer to the "All About Your Accounts Agreement" for funds availability information. You will receive an email notification of a hold placed on funds deposited through SnapDeposit.
- Why is my balance not reflecting my recent SnapDeposit?
- In some cases your SnapDeposit will be held for review and not immediately posted to your share. During the SnapDeposit session, you will be notified if your deposit was immediately posted or held for review. The review process should take no longer than one business day. Once the SnapDeposit has been reviewed, you will receive an email notification that the funds are in your account, or that the deposit was rejected, adjusted, or placed on hold.
Steps to capture the check images:
- After entering the dollar amount of the check, tap “Capture Check Front” to enable the camera.
- After successfully capturing the front image, wait for “Capture Check Back” to appear, and then tap it to enable the camera.
- If the camera does not focus properly on the image, close the camera window and click “Capture Check Front” or “Capture Check Back” to enable the camera again.
What to do if the check image is not accepted:
- Ensure the numbers printed on the bottom of the check (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition MICR) line are clear and readable.
- Check for any stray writing or other markings in the MICR line that could prevent SnapDeposit from clearly reading the numbers.
- Ensure that the MICR line was not cropped out, which would prevent SnapDeposit from clearly reading the numbers.
- Use a dark background, clear of shadows, to take the picture of the check.
- Learn more about SnapDeposit
- SnapDeposit Terms & Conditions
- Download the Wescom iPhone App
- Download the Wescom Android App
- More information about the Wescom Mobile Apps
SnapDeposits may take up to one business day to post to your account. Wescom hold policies apply. Please refer to the About Your Credit Union Accounts disclosure for information on Wescom's funds availability policy. You will be notified by email if your SnapDeposit has been accepted, rejected, or placed on hold.
For complete details, click here.