- What is SendMoney?
- How much does it cost to use SendMoney?
- What will I need to use SendMoney?
- Do I need to have a PayPal account?
- Is there a limit to how much I can send with SendMoney?
- How soon are the funds taken from my account?
- So, how do I make a transfer with SendMoney?
- What happens once I’ve completed the transaction?
- How long does it take for the funds to be available for the recipient?
- What happens if my recipient doesn't pick up the funds
- Can I use SendMoney through eBranch?
- Can I cancel a transaction?
- Can I view my SendMoney transactions?
- What happens if I don’t receive my confirmation code?
- If I have a problem on questions, what should I do?
- What happens if I lose my mobile device registered on eBranch eText?
What is SendMoney?
SendMoney is a fast and secure way to transfer funds to another person or merchant outside the Credit Union, using Wescom's iPhone or Android Application. All you need is the other party's email address or mobile phone number.
How much does it cost to use SendMoney?
Using SendMoney is free to all Wescom members.
What will I need to use SendMoney?
- You'll need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch equipped with the latest version of the Wescom iPhone or Android App.
- A Wescom Checking Account. Please note that you may not send money from a Savings Account or Money Market Account.
Do I need to have a PayPal account?
No. SendMoney allows you to send money directly from your Wescom Checking Account, without having to enroll in PayPal. However, your recipient will need a PayPal account to receive the sent funds.
Is there a limit to how much I can send with SendMoney?
Yes. You may send up to $500 per day in as many transactions as you want. There is a $1.00 transaction minimum.
How soon are the funds taken from my account?
The funds are withdrawn from your account immediately.
So, how do I make a transfer with SendMoney?
If it's your first time using SendMoney, follow these steps:
- Select SendMoney on your Wescom iPhone or Android App.
- In order to continue, accept the Terms and Conditions.
- The SendMoney home screen will appear. Select SendMoney to transfer funds.
- A screen will appear asking you to select which of your phone numbers or email addresses you’d like to have your security code sent. After retrieving this number, you'll need to enter it on the input screen to continue with your transaction.
- Follow the prompts on the subsequent screens. Be sure you have entered the recipient's email address or mobile phone number correctly before pressing Send!
What happens once I’ve completed the transaction?
The recipient will receive an email or text message informing them that the funds are available. Your recipient will then log on to PayPal or sign up for a PayPal account to retrieve the payment. You will also receive an email confirming the transaction.
How long does it take for the funds to be available for the recipient?
If the recipient has an existing PayPal account, the funds are available to them in their PayPal account immediately. If the recipient doesn’t have a PayPal account, the funds will be available as soon as they open a PayPal account, which takes only a few minutes to set up. The recipient can then spend the money online or, if they choose, transfer it to their bank or credit union account. Transfers from a PayPal account to a bank account may take up to three business days to process.
What happens if my recipient doesn't pick up the funds?
If your recipient doesn't claim the funds within 30 days, the transaction will be automatically cancelled and the funds returned to your account.
Can I use SendMoney through eBranch?
Not yet, but we are currently working to make SendMoney available through eBranch.
Can I cancel a transaction?
If the recipient has already claimed the funds, no. To find out if the funds have been claimed, go to “History” and locate the transaction. If the status reads “Pending,” you may select it and cancel the transaction.
Can I view my SendMoney transactions?
Click on “History.” You can also view them in eBranch or on your monthly statement.
What happens if I don’t receive my confirmation code?
You can request a new confirmation code through the SendMoney menu.
If I have a problem on questions, what should I do?
What happens if I lose my mobile device registered on eBranch eText?
Log on to eBranch, click on eText, and then Delete to remove the number from your account. You may register a different device once you have a new one.