Take Advantage of our New Check Card Overdraft Protection
To enjoy the convenience of Check Card Overdraft Protection, we must hear from you. If you decide to opt in to Check Card Overdraft Protection, we may approve everyday check card transactions when you don’t have enough money in your account. Otherwise we won’t authorize and pay overdrafts for your everyday check card transactions without your consent—you need to tell us if you want it.
How Check Card Overdraft Protection Helps You
Sometimes funds you deposit into your checking account are not immediately available. Check Card Overdraft Protection enables us to authorize and pay your check card transactions when this happens.
Why is Opt-In Required?
A federal regulation requires checking account holders to opt in or actively agree to Check Card Overdraft Protection before we can provide this service. If you don’t tell us you want this protection, we must deny check card debit transactions when you don’t have enough funds in your account.
How do I Opt-In?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday check card transactions you can opt in to coverage several easy ways:
- Visit eBranch, click on Options, then Check Card Overdraft Protection from the link in the left menu, and submit the form online.
- Call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266).
- Complete an Opt-In Form (pdf) and present it at any Wescom branch.
How can I avoid overdrafts in the first place?
Wescom provides you with various electronic tools to keep tabs on your account and avoid overdrafts. Just click on the links below to learn more about these options:
- Account Alerts. We can notify you by email or text alert when a check is deposited in your account or your balance drops below a certain threshold.
- eText. If you want to check your balance, just ask and we'll send you that information via text message to your mobile phone.
- Mobile Banking. If you have an iPhone, Android phone, or Blackberry, you can transfer money between accounts, just as you would on your computer.
For additional information on Wescom Check Card Overdraft Protection, please refer to the Questions and Answers.