The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation
The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation was founded by Wescom employees in 1999 as a charitable, not-for-profit organization designed to help people in need through charitable giving and volunteerism.
WeCare focuses on identifying and sponsoring volunteer opportunities for employees as well as providing a vehicle for tax-deductible charitable contributions through payroll deductions. These contributions are, in turn, matched dollar for dollar by Wescom Credit Union.
Since its founding, WeCare has selected a number of charities to sponsor throughout the year. For 2015, WeCare is supporting these organizations:
- Foothill Family Service
- Foothill Family Service is committed to building brighter futures and empowering children and families in San Gabriel Valley to overcome challenges and achieve success in relationships, school, and work.
- Shred Kids' Cancer
- Shred Kids' Cancer is dedicated to serving their community by allowing kids to help other children who are suffering from cancer by raising money to fund cancer treatments used in clinical trials to find a cure.
- Hope for Paws
- Hope for Paws rescues dogs and other animals who are suffering on the streets and in the shelters. The organization's goal is to educate the community on the importance of companion animals in our society.
- Food Finders
- Food Finders is a community-based food rescue organization headquartered in Signal Hill that serves as a conduit for food, education, and awareness between donors, volunteers, agencies and people in need. Food Finders picks up donated food from hundreds of local grocery stores, bakeries, restaurants, and produce markets and distributes it directly to missions, shelters, and social service agencies to feed the needy and impoverished.
- Free Arts for Abused Children
- Free Arts for Abused Children programs inspire hope in the lives of children who have experienced abuse, neglect, poverty, and homelessness through innovative creative arts programs and positive interactions with caring adult volunteers.
- The Arc of Los Angeles & Orange Counties
- The Arc of Los Angeles and Orange Counties is committed to providing for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities the ability to form and work towards goals through training and education, based on their individual abilities.
- The Unforgettables Foundation
- This Riverside-based group assists low-income families with funeral expenses following the death of a child. It also works to prevent such tragedies by providing CPR training to adults and teenagers to save the lives of infants and toddlers.
- Blind Children's Learning Center
- This Santa Ana-based organization's mission is to prepare children with visual impairments for a life of independence through early intervention, education, and parent support.
To contact WeCare, call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266), ext. 8080, or send an email to email@example.com.