The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation
The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation was founded by Wescom employees in 1999 as a charitable, not-for-profit organization designed to help people in need through charitable giving and volunteerism.
WeCare focuses on identifying and sponsoring volunteer opportunities for employees as well as providing a vehicle for tax-deductible charitable contributions through payroll deductions. These contributions are, in turn, matched dollar for dollar by Wescom Credit Union.
Since its founding, WeCare has selected a number of charities to sponsor throughout the year.
For 2018, WeCare is supporting these organizations:
- Non-profit organization that supports individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Angel City Pit Bulls
- Non-profit rescue organization dedicated to creating a better future for pit bull dogs in Los Angeles.
- Bark Avenue Foundation
- Non-profit organization in Los Angeles that empowers pet owners and local communities to reduce abandoned animal populations through spay and neuter, pet retention and reclamation, and education.
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships.
- Food Finders
- Non-profit organization that links donated food to pantries and shelters in order to bridge the hunger gap in the communities throughout Los Angeles, Orange County and beyond.
- House of Ruth
- Non-profit that assist families victimized by domestic violence.
- The Arc of Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- Non-profit organization committed to providing for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the ability to form and work towards goals through training and education, based on their individual abilities.
- The Unforgettables Foundation
- Inland Empire-based group that assists low-income families with funeral expenses following the death of a child.